How to Avoid Stress / Anxiety related of Corona Pandemic In these Covid 19 times
1. Isolate yourself from news about the virus. (Everything we need to know, we already know).
2. Don’t look out for death toll. It’s not a cricket match to know the latest score. Avoid that. It only adds to anxiety. U have so many important things to do. Concentrate and focus attention on family and freinds and work.
3. Don’t look for additional information on the Internet, it would weaken your mental state.Internet has important things to search related to work , travel , music , movies , books , positive quotes. Look out for those. It’s fun.
4.Avoid sending fatalistic messages. Some people don’t have the same mental strength as you (Instead of helping, you could activate pathologies such as depression). Send positive quotes. Read them often. Look for and send positive messages. And then there are so many smiling / time pass and comedy related messages too. Look out for those.
5. If possible, listen to music at home at a pleasant volume. Look for board games to entertain children, tell stories and future plans. Spend time with family and freinds. This time samay not come again. Utilise to make it the best time with family.
6. Maintain discipline in the home by washing your hands often and develop healthy habits. Morning breakfast lunch and dinner on time , exercise at home. Cultivate new habits related to health. It’s good to invest time into them.
7. Your positive mood will help protect your immune system, while negative thoughts have been shown to depress your immune system and make it weak against viruses. Stay positive. Cultivate positivity. U can do it.
8. Most importantly, firmly believe that this shall also pass and we will be safe…. ! Life is to live. Add life to days if u wish to live longer and happier.
9. Focus on your work strategy for future , it’s time to restructure your personal & professional portfolio
10. Watch comedy movies & videos & stay with laughter , as laughter is best medicine. Share time with family freinds and kids.
Some intersting links of comedy videos to watch. ( You tube content I liked – may be of ur taste )
11. Devote some time daily to exercise. Promise yourself that u shall maintain good posture , do exercise and devote time to health daily. U shall rise up for sure.
Dr vishal kundnani
Chief spine surgeon
Lilavati hospital & Bombay Hospital
Director – Spine clinic & Mumbai Institute of spine surgery