Physiotherapy has a major role in spinal back pain/slip disc treatment. It teaches how to condition your body to prevent further injury and help in the recovery of the painful episode. There are a variety of physical therapy techniques. Passive and active treatments.
Passive treatments relax your body and include deep tissue massage, hot and cold therapy, electrical stimulation (TENS), and hydrotherapy. Active treatment involves active stretching and strengthening exercises trunk stability, core strengthening.
- Passive Treatments:-
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep tissue massage relieves deep muscle tension and spasms, which develop to prevent muscle motion at the affected area.
- Hot and Cold Therapy: Both hot and cold therapies offer their own set of benefits, and your physical therapist may alternate between them to get the best results. This reduces inflammation, muscle spasms, and pain.
- Hydrotherapy: gently relieves pain and relaxes muscles.
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation): uses electrical current to stimulate your muscles and reduces muscle spasms and is generally believed to trigger the release of endorphins, which are your body’s natural pain killers. TENS machine stimulates your muscles through variable (but safe) intensities of electrical current. TENS may increase your body’s production of endorphins, your natural pain killers. The TENS equipment your physical therapist uses is larger than the “at home” use machine.
- Ultrasound: By increasing blood circulation, an ultrasound helps reduce muscle cramping, swelling, stiffness, and pain. It does this by sending sound waves deep into your muscle tissues, creating a gentle heat that enhances circulation and healing.
- Traction: reduce the effects of gravity on the spine. the intent is to reduce the disc herniation and is usually performed in the cervical or lumbar spine.
- Help to reduce recurrent pain but will also benefit your overall health.
- Core stability: Many people don’t realize how important a strong core is to their spinal health. Your core (abdominal) muscles help your back muscles support your spine. When your core muscles are weak, it puts extra pressure on your back muscles. Your physical therapist may teach you to core stabilizing exercises to strengthen your back.
- Flexibility: Learning proper stretching and flexibility techniques will prepare you for aerobic and strength exercises. Flexibility helps your body move easier by warding off stiffness.
- Muscle-strengthening: Strong muscles are a great support system for your spine and better handle pain. and strengthening of muscles which can cause your back stretches and strengthen along with pelvic tilt, which helps you find a neutral spine position.
These options of nonsurgical management of back pain are available at Spine Clinic Mumbai – Best Spine Clinic in Mumbai for treatment of slip disc. Dr. Vishal Kundnani is the best spine consultant in Mumbai and is available on appointment in Mumbai on appointment for spine specialist. Dr. Vishal Kundnani is the best spine specialist in Mumbai and best spinal consultant in Goregaon, Kandivali and Malad.
Dr. Vishal Kundnani is the best spine surgeon for Back pain surgery and is available in Spine clinic Mumbai and other various hospitals for consultation and for surgery. Dr. Vishal Kundnani is the best spine specialist with a considerate approach to patients with an honest opinion and ethical spine practice.